A traction device ranks among the most intuitive and user-friendly options for men who want to increase the size of their penis without undergoing surgery. Still, an extender has to be used in the correct way in order to be safe and effective.
If you’re about to try a traction device for the first time, you’ll need to follow several essential steps to make the most of it. The steps are the same regardless of the type of device being used.
Choose The Right Penis Extender
Even if you’re strict with following safety rules, you may still experience pain and discomfort as a result of using the wrong extension device. The first safety step towards having a good experience and getting the best possible results is choosing the right extender.
A good extender is considered a clinical-grade device. The design and materials used are both approved by urologists, which contributes to a higher level of safety and more pronounced results.
Look for systems that come with comfort straps and additional padding. Such products will be even more comfortable to wear than the basic traction device. Depending on the system being used, there should be at least one form of padding. SizeGenetics is one such option and you can find out more about it here.
Some kits are provided with a couple of padding options. In such instances, you’re free to experiment with the product and put several types of padding on top of each other. By exploring the available add-ons, you’ll soon come up with a customized way to use the device that will prolong the number of hours you have it on each day.
We’ve examined several different kinds of traction devices and chances are that you’ll find the information useful when choosing the right appliance. Here’s an extensive comparison of the top three brands currently available on the market.
Be Careful When Fastening The Device
Fastening the device on your penis for the first time may feel like a terrifying task. There will definitely be fears of pinching or pain. For best results, stick to the manufacturer’s recommendations and complete the process slowly.
Some companies even have tutorial videos that you can observe and follow.
When putting your penis through the ring and fastening it in place, it’s important to hold the shaft away from the spot where the system gets attached. That’s the best way to reduce the risk of pinching yourself.
In order to decrease the risk of experiencing tugging and pinching even further, you may want to consider shaving off your pubic hair prior to getting started.
What To Do When The Extender Is On
Once the extender is on, there isn’t a whole lot you can do. It’s simply a matter of waiting. Depending on the quality of the traction device you’ve chosen, it will be possible to do work or complete light chores while waiting.
One very important thing to remember is that you’ll find it nearly impossible to urinate while the extender is on. Thus, consider going to the bathroom prior to attaching the device.
Many guys simply turn these hours into a period of relaxation. It’s possible to watch a movie or to enjoy a delicious meal while the traction device is doing its magic.
The one thing you should avoid is moving around or doing vigorous physical activity. If you’re exercising or running around, you risk having the harnessing strap loosened. As a result, the amount of tension applied to the penile tissues will be decreased.
When getting started with the use of a penis extender, stick to the minimum recommended time by the manufacturer. See how it feels and get used to wearing the extender. Once you feel completely comfortable with the device, you can increase the number of hours that you have it on every single day.
Several Additional Safety Tips And Recommendations
These are the basics of putting a traction device on and experiencing no pain during the process. There are a couple of additional essentials to keep in mind. These will reduce the risk of injuries and help you get the biggest possible gains:
- Apply heat to the penis: wrapping a warm towel around the penis while it’s being stretched can reduce the amount of time that you need to wear the extender per day. The heat allows the tissues to relax and increases the effectiveness of the stretch. The tip is also particularly beneficial for beginners because it reduces the risk of tissue injuries due to the lack of experience.
- Take it slow: during the first week of using a traction device, extend the flaccid penis as much as it would stretch when fully erect. Don’t press it too hard and don’t go beyond the natural length. As time passes and the tissues start to increase in size, you can adjust the tension and stretch your penis a bit further.
- Wear loose clothing: avoid having tight jeans on while your penis is being stretched. While this tip may seem a tremendously obvious one, some guys will still commit the mistake. Apart from causing discomfort, tight clothing may prevent the extender from stretching your penis all the way.
- Clean the extender on a weekly basis: a penis traction device is to be used over the course of several months. You’ll be putting the extender on every single day. It’s important to maintain it clean. Skin irritations and even infections can easily result from the accumulation of bacteria on the surface. Antibacterial wipes are great after every single use of the extender. Do a more thorough cleaning once per week. Wash the extender in warm water and use soap or a disinfectant like hydrogen peroxide.
- Look for signs of trouble: as already mentioned, the way you put the extender on will be determining for your safety. If you fasten it too tight, you may experience poor circulation to the glans. Loss of sensitivity, coldness, numbness and discoloration are some of the most common signs of poor circulation. Loosen the system immediately or discontinue the extender’s use until your circulation goes back to normal.
Finally, remember to be patient! A traction device is highly effective but you’ll need to use it every single day. The best results are usually observed within four to six months of getting started. Don’t lose hope, stick to the daily schedule and you’ll soon have those permanent gains.