What do some of the world’s best lovers have in common? They’re incredibly sensual and they know what it takes to explore and excite the female body. Yes, we’re talking about erogenous zones.
Understanding erogenous zones is sex 101. If you’re not confident in your skills, however, there’s nothing to worry about! The following article is just the right one for you.
What Are Erogenous Zones?
Let’s start with the basics. An erogenous zone refers to parts of the body that are particularly sensitive to touch, pressure and vibrations. As a result, they contribute to amazingly pleasurable sensations during sexual stimulation.
Having the entire body touched is going to feel nice. Still, if you want to electrify her and send her over the edge, you’ll need to put a bit of effort in identifying those most sensitive spots.
While there are some guidelines about the most common female erogenous zones, this tends to be something pretty specific. Each person enjoys a certain kind of stimulation. This is why sex with a new partner happens to be such an exciting endeavor.
The Most Prominent Female Erogenous Zones
Touching different parts of your lover’s body is the best way to identify the most sensitive erogenous zones. Some women like to have their ears nibbled. Others consider the activity to be gross.
Still, a few parts of the female body tend to be much more sensitive and receptive to stimulation than others. It’s always a good idea to focus foreplay efforts on those, until you figure out what your partner enjoys the most:
- Breasts: this one is a no-brainer. The breasts and the nipples are incredibly sensitive to touch. Because this is such a powerful erogenous zone, it’s a good idea to be careful. Light stimulation in the beginning is the best way to go. Some women are way too sensitive and if you get a bit more aggressive, you may eventually cause her pain.
- Lips: the lips are also filled with nerve endings. This is the main reason why kissing is so pleasurable and why it happens to be one of the biggest turn-ons for women. Don’t ignore her lips during foreplay. Apart from kissing them, you can trace the lips with your fingers for a truly sensual experience.
- Clitoris: this is the mother of all female erogenous zones. If you ignore her clitoris, chances are that the sex will be classified as either mediocre or completely disappointing. Touch, vibrations and oral sex are all incredibly pleasurable. The trick to proper clitoral stimulation is varying the pressure and intensity until you figure out what she likes the most.
- The neck: neck kissing ranks among the most sensual experiences out there. The neck skin is very sensitive and responsive to stimulation. Almost all women adore being kissed there or having their neck lightly bitten/sucked.
- The back: massages tend to be incredibly arousing for some women because the back offers a huge surface area for stimulation. Unfortunately, many men ignore the back and miss on opportunities to kiss or massage it.
The back of the knee: this is another little known erogenous zone that will lead to an amazing response from a female lover. Once again, the skin in this area is very sensitive and there are dozens of nerve endings.
What Scientists Have To Say About It?
Most of the information shared already is common knowledge because it can be obtained through sexual experimentation.
Erogenous zones, however, are incredibly fascinating. They’re so fascinating that researchers have even tried to classify the most sensitive parts of the female body.
Canadian researchers carried out tests using light touch, pressure and vibrations. They assessed the response obtained from erogenous zones to the response gotten through the stimulation of the so-called neutral body parts.
The study involved 30 female volunteers who were subjected to 1.5 seconds of stimulation on each body part of interest (are you considering a career in science right now? So are many other guys!).
Researchers found out that different erogenous zones responded to different kinds of stimulation. Light tough was most effective when it came to provoking pleasure through the stimulation of the neck, the forearm and even the outer part of the vagina.
Pressure was felt most strongly when applied to the breasts and the clitoris.
Finally and to be expected, vibrations contributed to most pleasurable sensations when applied to the clitoris.
How To Explore Erogenous Zones
Giving pleasure to a partner is all about being eager to understand their body.
Remember that no two women like the same kind of sexual stimulation. If you’re not shy about it, you should definitely ask about where she likes to be touched and kissed during sex. Such open communication will make intimacy a whole lot more exciting for both of you.
Alternatively, don’t be afraid to experiment with touching and kissing different parts of her body. Be creative and don’t focus solely on her clit and her breasts. Some women like having their tummy kissed. Others enjoy having their thighs touched or even lightly bitten before oral sex. Sky is the limit when it comes to sexual stimulation. If she feels comfortable with a certain activity, you should definitely give it a try.