While erectile dysfunction is a pretty common problem, there’s a lot that remains unknown about it. Some of the causes of ED have been identified. In other instances, the causes of the condition are a mystery. Sometimes, ED occurs for prolonged periods of time. In other instances, the problem is situational.
What does situational ED refer to and is it the same as the general form of the condition? There are numerous similarities, as well as a couple of differences. The following article will help you figure out whether you’re suffering from situational erectile dysfunction and whether you should be worrying about it.
What Is Situational Erectile Dysfunction?
Situational erectile dysfunction is sometimes also called short-term ED because it tends to disappear within a certain period of time. In the case of long-term ED, it’s possible to see no improvement for years. This is the main difference between long-term ED and situational erectile dysfunction.
Situational ED is usually experienced by men in highly specific situations. This means that if the situation is different, a guy would be capable of having an erection.
The factors that contribute to situational ED can be both physiological and psychological. Obviously, it’s very important to identify the causes and the triggers. Once these are pinpointed, situational ED would become a lot easier to manage.
Causes Of Situational ED
As already mentioned, situational ED could be caused by various things. Most men that suffer from the issue are capable of pinpointing the triggers on their own.
A few common causes of situational ED include the following:
- Stress and fatigue (caused by a very demanding job or an intense life that involves balancing family and professional responsibilities)
- Relationship problems (some men could suffer from situational ED after a fight with a partner or due to emotional abuse)
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Taking medications like cold drugs, antihistamines, depression medicine and sleep aids
- The use of condoms could cause anxiety in younger men or decrease the level of stimulation in older guys
Diagnosis And Treatment
Some men have a pretty good understanding of the situations and the lifestyle factors that could be contributing to a difficulty in getting and sustaining an erection. For others, medical assistance will be required to identify the cause of the problem.
If you are experiencing ED, even if the inability to get an erection affects you in specific situations, it’s imperative to talk to a physician. Your doctor will determine whether ED is situational or you’re suffering from a more serious issue.
A physician will be capable of diagnosing situational ED by asking the patient questions or by requesting that a patient wears a monitor to measure the erectile response in their everyday life.
The treatments for situational ED are numerous. Some of the most effective options include the following:
- Introduce the necessary lifestyle changes: men who are consuming large quantities of alcohol and are experiencing situational ED as a result should consider toning it down. A glass or two of wine is fine. Going overboard, however, will make it difficult or even impossible to enjoy a healthy sex life.
- Find a way to cope with stress: stress and fatigue are two of the biggest culprits for situational ED. Men that have a very demanding job should identify ways to unwind and “recharge” their batteries. Sports, meditation, spending time in nature or enjoying precious moments with loved ones could all prove to be sufficiently beneficial. Discovering the right outlet will have a positive impact on sex, as well.
- Deal with relationship problems: if you know that relationship issues are the cause of your ED, have an open and honest discussion with your partner. Unresolved issues will accumulate over time, making it even more difficult to have great sex. Tell your significant other about the issues and the behaviors that are contributing to poor sexual performance. If she cares enough about you, she will be willing to undertake the necessary changes.
Should You Worry About Situational ED?
Situational ED, just like every other medical problem, is telling you something about your body and the way in which you’re taking care of it.
A malfunction, no matter how small, suggests that something has gone wrong. It could be your lifestyle, the medications you’re taking or the person that you’re currently sharing your life with.
Situational ED isn’t a particularly troublesome problem but you will have to introduce some changes. Improving your diet, coping with stress or strengthening your relationship will be required to get things better.
Just like long-term ED, situational ED could be impacted positively through a change in nutrition, activity level and supplementation. The introduction of a few healthy habits could lead to improvements in your sex life. You can definitely try a quality male enhancement supplement like VigRX Plus.
Situational ED isn’t something that you have to suffer through silently. Things can get better once you identify the trigger and start avoiding it. The best approach would be to see your doctor and figure out whether you’re suffering from situational or long-term ED. Once you have the answer, you’ll find it easier to pinpoint the best solution.